Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Dominant


The Dominant
Tara Sue Me
Netgalley Issue














Amazon Blurb -

 Nathaniel West doesn’t lose control.

As the playboy CEO of West Industries, he governs the boardroom during the day; as a strict dominant with exacting rules, he commands the bedroom at night. He never takes on inexperienced submissives, but when Abigail King’s application comes across his desk, he breaks his own restrictions and decides to test her limits.

Abby’s combination of innocence and willingness is intoxicating, and Nathaniel is soon determined to collar her as his own. As long as she follows his orders and surrenders herself fully to him, no one will get hurt.

But when Nathaniel begins falling for Abby on a deeper level, he realizes that the trust must go both ways—and he has secrets which could bring the foundations of their entire relationship crashing down...

*****

Well, I hate saying this, but I just didn't like this book.  The characters did nothing for me. Didn't stir a single feeling of angst, worry, anger, sorrow, nothing.  The protagonist, Nathaniel was, vanilla, to be honest.  Pun intended.

So I found out that this was also, like Fifty, Twilight fan-fic, I can't take it anymore. Though I heard that this series came about before Fifty.  So either E.L. or this gal copied one or the other big time.  

I don't know why I read these types since subs are so against my personality.  I keep hoping that the sub will turn around and just kick the dom in the you know what.  This stems from my feeling that this is degrading and a control issue. Punish and spank for not following the rules my eye.  Just can't deal so I think this shall be my last of this type. Unless someone writes a book about a dom who gets his butt and heart kicked by an awesome gal!

I found the writing not as good as Fifty number one.  After number one Fifty went down the tubes too, but Nathaniel just wasn't nearly as compelling as Christian at all.  Abby was just as boring as Ana, and I had no attachment to the side characters either.  Yes there were plenty of steamy scenes, but even those were blah for me.  Oh and his friend Tim needs to be schooled in loyalty, maybe Nathaniel should tie him up and spank him.  No way would I pal around with Tim anymore.

Sorry for the comparison to Fifty Shades, but the two were so alike it just begged to be done.

For the record these are my opinions, whatever floats your boat is your business, I just state what I think.

2 1/2 cannolis


2 comments:

  1. Ugggh to bad. Try Cherise Sinclair's series, Club Masters. I'm enjoying that, they are shorter and each one is about a male Master. I would love to read a book with a female Domme ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the emo connection ended up being the real issue here. Also she really didn't know the rules. You're right about the spank thing. It really was about hiding and secrets.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails