Thursday, February 3, 2011

January Wrap Up






Lucky for me that picture is not a reality for my neck of the woods :)

January was a great reading month.  My book-club books were really good choices and for both, I think everyone liked them and had really similar thoughts on them.  I finished up my James Patterson Challenge with Don't Blink. A cute surprise was Zen And The Art Of Vampires by Katie MacAlister.  It was really light, but I liked Pia and Kristoff, and I felt really bad for Pia.

This month I  have some good reading coming.  I have 2 ARC's from 2 authors who I will be hosting in March for some Q-n-A's.  One is Jonathan Hayes who's Precious Blood I read and really liked.  He commented on my and Hubby's reviews.  Hubs is reading Hard Death and is almost finished,  he loves the protagonist Dr. Edward Jenner, I'm excited to read it as well, and have the Dr. here to answer some ?'s  You can read both reviews and the author's comments *here* and *here*.  I haven't read any of Jon Merz yet, but I have The Kensei: A Lawson Vampire Novel all ready to go.  I also have The Invoker which is the same character, though Jon has said this latest novel is a stand alone and I don't need to read the 1st ones to know what's happening.  Lawson is the main character and he is sort of a James Bond type but a vamp.  These will be my first time hosting authors and I can't wait.

I'm not that excited about reading Shanghai Girls for one of my book clubs to be honest, but the point of being in a book club is to read what you normally wouldn't and maybe get pleasantly surprised, the other bcc, Bet Me has me real happy and I want to read that one!!

What am I reading now?  This -

Mozart's Blood
Mozart's Blood
Louise Marley
400 pgs.
Kensington
Kindle Edition












I love Opera.  Some really hate it, but I love the music.  This is steeped in that life, right now it's still a little slow but I'm hoping it's going to pick up.  The ratings it got were all 4 and 5 stars so we shall see.  The good thing, I got it as a freebie on Kindle ;)  Gotta love the Kindle!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the James Patterson challenge! You did great!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails