Monday, July 30, 2012

That Boy

That Boy
Jillian Dodd















Amazon Blurb -
You know, being friends with two cute boys does have its benefits.

There's Danny. Danny is a golden boy in every way. He has dreamy blue eyes and blonde hair that always looks perfect, even when it’s windblown or been stuck under a football helmet. He’s the boy every girl crushes on. The boy I get into trouble with, the boy I fight with, the hot quarterback no girl can resist, not even me. Being with Danny is like being on an adventure. He has a bright, contagious smile and abs to die for. He’s pretty much irresistible.

Equally crush worthy is Phillip. Adorable, sweet Phillip, who I have known since birth.  Phillip has dark hair, a perfect smile, brown eyes, and the sexiest voice I have ever heard. He’s the boy I talk to every night before I go to sleep. The boy who rescues me, the boy who can read my mind, the boy who is always there for me, the boy who tries to keep me out of trouble, the boy who irritatingly keeps getting hotter, and whose strong arms always seem to find their way around me.  And when he gives me that grin, I can never say no.

One boy will give me my very first kiss.
One boy will
teach me to make out.
One boy will take me to prom.
And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
They will both be my best friends.
But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
Only one of them is That Boy.
*****

This was a sweet cute book.  It had me laughing, and I cried. JJ Reynolds is a wonderful, sassy, full of life character.  Such charisma, I just loved her.  Her two best buds in the whole world happen to be boys who both live next door to her.  Phillip, who she's known since she was born, their dad's were buddies since college, and Danny who moves in thinks she is just a girly girl till she pops him in the nose to set  him straight and the three are inseparable after that.

What a tom-boy Jadyn is!  She plays football with the guys, hangs with them over her gal pals since she can find them to be exasperating, lives life to its fullest just like her dad taught her.  The story takes you from the fourth grade all the way through to adulthood.  Her boyfriends, trials and tribulations all touch you to your very heart.  And through it all are these boys, Phillip the sensible one who always calls her Princess and ends her night by calling her before she sleeps, and Danny the carefree superstar who shows her the ropes and helps her in some of her silly jams.

If there is only one complaint I can make it's that I found  what goes on in Danny's life a little too perfect.  I won't elaborate more than that so there are no spoilers.  It's not deep you will get through it fast, but you feel good when you read it.

4 cannolis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails