Friday, September 30, 2011

September Wrap Up






I had a pretty good reading month, sure did make up for the crummy August.  That's ok though, August was super busy.

I read Fifty Shades of Gray by E.L. James, When Blood Calls by J.K. Beck, Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs, An Innocent Man by John Grisham, Changeless by Gail Carriger,  and Kiss Of The Night by Sherilyn Kenyon.

By far the one that affected me the most was Fifty Shades.  Gosh that book just roughed me up.  I will read Fifty Shades Darker since I need to see what happens, but my emotions were just shredded with it.  Christian is just amazing, so dark and frightening, yet much like Ana, I am Icarus drawn to the sun knowing full well I'll be burned up.

The worst or I should say most depressing was Innocent Man.  I haven't read Grisham in years and this was my book club choice.  I hate stories of the Justice system run amok, it makes me pray that me or mine never encounter such an event because when cops and the prosecution gets tunnel vision the real perp can dance in front of them to no avail.

I finally got to book two in The Parasol Protectorate series (Changeless) not quiet as good as #1, so I'm in no rush for #3. I loved Bone Crossed, Mercy is just great, When Blood Calls, eh, cosi cosi (so so) and The Dark Hunters are just great quick fun reading.  I'm dying to get to Ash's story, but I'll keep going in order I'm only on #6 which is Vane Kattalakis and Bride McTierney's story.

Right now I'm reading the last in the Harper Connelly series, Grave Secret, and I'm sad to see Miss Harris is not continuing it.  I'll have to get acquainted with  Aurora Teagarden and Lily Bard someday.

All in all I'd have to say I loved Fifty Shades the most.  Let's see what October holds for me....


2 comments:

  1. Fifty Shades was amazing, starting Darker today. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula! :)

    Glad you had a good reading month in September. I LOVE Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. Mercy is one of my all time favorite characters.

    Oh boy, you have a lot of Dark Hunter books to read until Ash's story! But it's a good trip and Ash's story was fantastic, so it'll be worth the wait. Although I will admit that the few books (3 or 4) right before Ash's book were kind of meh. I haven't really kept up since Ash's book.

    I have the last Harper Connelly book on my nightstand and am determined to read it this month, myself. I haven't yet read the Aurora Teagarden books either ... but read the Lily Bard series and loved it so very much. It's darker than the Harper books... well, maybe not darker, but sadder. I love Lily though. She's right up there with Mercy Thompson on my favorite heroine list, actually.

    Have a spooktacular reading month in October! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails