Friday, January 27, 2012

A Hopping Re-Introduction

 Book Blogger Hop


Yes I'm doing the hop today. And yes it is a bit of a reintroduction. I have cut back my blogging intensely, but I do miss the chatter and connecting with fellow book lovers. Now, I'm not saying I'll be back blogging 4 or 5 times a week, but maybe more like 4 or 5 times a month instead of the 2 or three I've been doing. I can't get a real feel for whats new and great out in books without being involved, so I'll dip my toe back in and maybe go hhmmm say to my calves ; )

I see the hop has been somewhat modified since I did this last, it seems much more streamlined and not quite as tedious.  Kinda cool.

I have a question, what book has really moved you?  I am looking for something that is going to really make me stop as I'm reading and say, man! Ya ever have to do that as you read, pause to let it sink in and reflect on what just took place?  I just finished Sarah's Key for my book club and it was great, and it did move me.  I'm not sure what it is I'm looking for exactly. Does that even exist?  Let me know :)

5 comments:

  1. I would say your back in to your calves :-)

    Still Alice moved me but I think maybe because my father has Alzheimers.

    I do think it is a must read for everyone though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book that REALLY moved me is "The Madonnas of Leningrad." A girl/young woman is in Leningrad during the Nazi siege and spends the war MEMORIZING the art in the Hermitage. she keeps flashing on it when she is older and has Alzheimers (there's that disease again...) Between the disease and the Nazis it sounds bad, but it is not. It is just beautiful - the art saves her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marce and Libby. Sometimes you're just looking for that special book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog. Love your layout.

    New Follower.

    Stopping by from the blog hop.

    Elizabeth.....Silver's Reviews

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah's Key definitely moved me to tears. I had a hard time letting that book go.

    Having a young son didn't help during those tragic parts. :(

    Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower!

    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails