Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Gift Idea And A Challenge

For those of you who already know this, I'm sorry, but I must say it again -

I love my Kindle!!! My husband got it for me last Mother's Day, and it ranks up there as one of the best presents ever!!! For those who are on the fence about it, let me knock you off. It is just fantastic. Lightweight, perfect for travel, or a day at the beach or park. It fits right in my purse, and I take it everywhere with me. Don't get me wrong, I will never give up traditional books, but this is just such an awesome way to read. I can't brag enough about it!

Husbands, if you stumble on this, well worth it if your wive's love to read as much as I do, girls, ask for it if you've been thinking about it, you won't be sorry : )


This is the upgraded model with the larger screen, personally, I don't think it's necessary, but hey, if that's what you like, go for it. You can purchase some really great skins for the smaller kindle on ebay, and a light as well, it makes it look great.





Now for the challenge. I hope to have a lot more followers eventually so that these challenges will become fun, but for now I will be reading a book with more than 500 pgs in May. Dragonfly in Amber is book 2 in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Book 1 touched me so very much, that I am looking foward to the next. I didn't get to it in April, I know I won't be able to get through it by the 30th, so I am making it my May Challenge. If you stumble onto this and would like to join just link back to this post so others can join too, pick a book that's 500 pgs or more and tell me what you're reading. Feel free to copy the image to post on your blog if you'd like as well ; )

I've gotten through quite a few books in April. I've been discovering some great authors, and some great reads. I start out with listing what I'd like to read for the month, then as the month progresses, that list grows, gets tweaked a bit, and I find that I've read some books I didn't plan on and didn't get to ones that I did. When you have a to be read (TBR) pile that is alarmingly large, it helps to list what you'd like to read for the month. There are so many books out there, I sometimes forget which ones I really wanted to get too, so a list is helpful.

Reading really is one of my passions and always has been. Jump on board for some great escape!

OutlanderDragonfly in Amber (Outlander, Book 2)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great challenge! I think I can find and read a book with more than 500 pages in May! I will try - so count me in at The Wormhole! My contest link is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it! I've read all of them and am almost ready to start the series over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Teresa, was it the newest Sookie you finished already, or the Outlander Series? I'm already so in love with Jamie and Claire from Outlander, that I know I'll love the rest. A friend has read them as well and recommended them :)

    Thanks Beverly! I hope more jump on!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there! I'm reading Cutting for Stone for the challenge. Here's my post about it: http://time-out-chelle.blogspot.com/2010/05/tomes-500-page-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - I have picked my book!
    The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan - - it has 528 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beverly, I didn't know Rick Riordan had a new book out -- is it YA?

    Here's my post http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/05/from-fellow-blogger-chose-book-with-500.html

    I'm going to read What to Eat by Marion Nestle.

    Paula, you and I have about the same number of followers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mission accomplished!
    http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-to-eat-halcyon-crane-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails