Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fifty Shades Darker



Amazon Blurb -

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.


*Spoilers*

 Well to be honest, this book was a bust for me in the end. It started out as good as the last with me turning pages with baited breath, and then slowly deteriorated to juvenile style writing reminiscent of Breaking Dawn. Christian Grey became too sappy and lost his edge, Ana was just annoying. I would have thought at some point she would have become somewhat more confident. Unbelievable things in my opinion took place and it just grew tiresome.

Found the whole part with her boss ridiculous, right down to him being the saboteur. Christian suddenly wanting to be this domesticated man after being so jacked up.  I found Mrs. Robinson tedious, not believable at all.  The only part I did enjoy was his mother giving it to her.  If I had to read "there he his, my fifty" one more time I was gonna gag, and puhlease, I get the picture that he's drop dead gorgeous, but, EVERY. SINGLE. SOLITARY GIRL. goes gaga dummy when they see him?  The hotel check out girl's hand was trembling while checking them into the hotel, the waitress drooling, girls passing in the street with their eyes bugging out.  Yes poor Ana has to get used to aaaaallllll the ladies in the freaking universe going stupid over the sight of Christian Grey.

I don't know if I'll even bother with the last, and I am soooo glad that I borrowed it and didn't spend any $$ on it.  I'll give it 3 cannoli's only because it was a page turner and didn't drag even though I got annoyed.

3 cannolis

Will be super busy the next several days, my daughter gets married on Saturday and my family will be in doing the tourist thing as well.  Check into my other blog Mia Sogni Dolci to see whats going on :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you reviewed, I enjoy seeing your opinion on the books I have read also.

    I keep reminding myself that this is not a 'true' trilogy but a long story in 3 parts.

    What fascinates me is the fans of the genre love this one more, I just don't understand why. Fifty Shades of Grey was amazing all the way around. Darker had so much going on and I enjoyed it but it didn't have the special appeal so to speak.

    lol at all the women over Christian. I did say to myself if I saw the most handsome man I know would I think it strange others reacted like that all the time. And the answer is absolutely.

    HAVE FUN this weekend, I will be thinking of you. Definitely will come check out your other blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails