Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Great Opportunity & Some New Authors!

A wonderful symposium is gathering at UCLA on the weekend of April 24th and 25th.  It's their Festival of Books and there are going to be a great variety of authors out for Q-n-A's.  If you're in the LA area, you might want to check this out.  Mary and Carol Higgins Clark, Robert Crais, Joseph Wambaugh, Meg Cabot, RL Stein, and David Shannon just to name a very very small few.  Here's where you can find the list.  Looks like it might be a great day.

Some new authors I've found, new for me that is, and I am looking forward to reading their books.  The first one is Cody McFayden, he has a series of thrillers out and the lead is FBI Agent Smokey Barrett.  My husband is reading #1 now, Shadow Man, he says  it's ok, his problem is the lead being a woman.  Yes he admitted it's chauvinistic, and he is retired from the police force so I think that clouds him a bit, but I'm still stoked to read it. 

The next author is Lisa Jackson. She has quite a few out, but I'm waiting for one from paperback swap called Whispers. It's a thriller as well. Claire St.John returns home to face her past and a killer has their sights on her next.

Then I found a new urban fantasy author, Phaedra Weldon and her book is Wraith, the 1st in the series. Zoe Martinique is the lead character and her power is the ability to travel outside her body. On one of her "outings" she witnesses a murder, and the murderer see's her as well as they the ability to travel too.

I'll be adding these to my ever growing tbr pile and can't wait to get to them!  I finally finished Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh, che poofa, as we Italians say in our Brooklyn slang, just didn't do it for me, but that's just my humble ole opinion, you may like it ;)


Shadow ManWhispersWraith (Zoe Martinique, Book 1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails