Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whacha Reading? (April 22nd)


I am now reading Shades of Midnight by Lara Adrian.  This is all part of the Midnight Breed series.  I enjoyed them so far.  Kinda along the lines of Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward, who by the way has her latest coming out in a few days, Lover Mine

My favorite of this series so far is #2 Tegan's book, Midnight Awakening.  He is a very dark brooding type.  The heroine, Elise is also great too.  Sometimes the gal leads in  books are just for the birds.  I like a strong woman, but not like a girl Rambo, just some toughness that doesn't cry and whine, but is still feminine. My least fave is Ashes of Midnight, Andreas Reichen's book.  You meet him in book 2, and is a decent character, I just didn't really like the book.  Rios's book, # 4 Midnight Rising, is pretty darn good too!

After I finish this I'll read The Face Of Death so I can be caught up with hubs in that series, then I need to read Covet by JR Ward, I've had it on my TBR pile for months now and need to get with it.  I can't wait for Lover Mine, it's John Matthew's book.  He isn't my favorite brother, that would be V, who I did a scrapbook page on, which you can see at my other blog here.  Vishous is just my cup of tea, very much like Tegan from breeds, dark, brooding and real strong, yum yum ;) anyway, I like most of her series.  The worst by far was poor Phury's book, Lover Enshrined.  By the way, she has odd spelling for all of their names for the most part.  His story was so shortchanged it wasn't funny.  Didn't like it at all, his and then Butch's book, Lover Revealed, ack!  But I read em all so that I knew what was going on.  I do recommend ya read em, even the less faves, you might like em, cause those brother's just rock!!

I've pre-ordered Miss Charlaines Dead In The Family!!!  I can NOT wait!  Daughter Desirae and I will be going down to LA to her book signing when she comes out to Cali in May.  I have her tour schedule on the side bar to the left.  I am soooo stoked!!  I can't wait for June and season 3 of True Blood as well.  The 2nd season DVD's come out on the 4th of May I believe.

Well, what's in your reading pile!  What have you been reading, and tell me, do you read more than one book at a time?  I can't, I know of some who read 5 and 6 at once, just can't do that, I'm a one book girl myself ;) how bout you?

Adrian's Shades of Midnight (Shades of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel (Midnight Breed Series) by Lara Adrian (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 29, 2009))Covet (Fallen Angels, Book 1)Lover Mine: A Novel of the Black Dagger BrotherhoodDead in the Family: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails