Friday, June 18, 2010

Whacha Reading Fridays (June 18th)

This is a weekly end of the school/work week wrap-up hosted here by moi at the Tome.  Stop by share what you're reading, what you read, and what you're gonna read : )
I had a great reading week!  Being on vacation in New York at Mama's house has provided me with tons of reading time.  I have chewed through 3 books and am now on #4.  I love it!
Covet by J.R. Ward, which took care of my monthly 500 pg challenge hosted here, Naked in Death (In Death, Book 1) by J.D Robb, Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, Book 4) by Ilona Andrews, then I was stumped on what to move onto next and I skimmed through my Kindle archive and found Darkness Unleashed by Alexandra Ivy.  Oh my gosh this is just fitting the bill perfectly.  With True Blood back and Eclipse coming soon, vamps are just everywhere, and the one in here is scrumptious.  Jagr, what a name!  It's not #1 in the series, but that's just fine, I am eating him, uh it, up ; )


ADDENDUM*
I am adding just a quick review here of Magic Bleeds for my Summer Romance Reading Challenge hosted by Book Chick City


In this next chapter of the Kate Daniels saga, she has to go up against what is probably the most formidable character she has ever encountered as of yet.  What makes it worse, it's her family.  She and Curran's relationship goes to the next level, and you get to see Kate's devotion to him, which she normally hides with extreme control.  The usual players are all here in this book as well, meeting the shifters again as some come to rally against her, and her true friends, to her defense.

What Kate does with Curran touched my heart.  Curran is willing to try his hardest to not be so stubborn, knowing how fierce Kate feels about her independence.  This girl is no slouch, and he can't possibly think she's going to put on an apron and start baking cookies.  I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops, if they can get through all the obstacles of being such strong willed beings.
**********

Now it's your turn whacha reading? 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails