Friday, July 9, 2010

It's Friday! Time To Hop And Follow!!

I have found another follow that I'll be participating in along with the hop!  That makes 2 for me.  I just love these, you meet so many wonderful book friends :)



This Hop is hosted by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books, and it runs through the weekend, so if you can't today, hop on tomorrow!  Just remember, visit some of the blogs and get to know em, if you start to follow tell em you met them through the hop!

This weeks ? -

Tell us about some of your favorite authors and why they're your favorites!

One of my favorite authors is Stephen King.  I know sounds so cliche, right?  Well I started reading him when I was in my late teens and I just loved how he could scare the pants offa me!!  I guess you could say he was my first author love, I would chomp through his books like a demon.

Who else do I love, Charlaine Harris, without a doubt.  For a long period of time, I'd say about 5 years,  I couldn't sit still enough to read.  It would take me 1-2 months to get through a book because I'd read during my dd's tennis lessons on Saturday and that's it.  When we discovered True Blood on HBO during season 1 my dd said these are books Mama and I want them for Christmas.  Well the 2 of us zooked through them books like a house on fire!!!  I thank Miss Charlaine for bringing my love back full swing.  Oh my, J.R.Ward and dem Brothers, holy moly!!  I just love Vishous, and I read Covet, not to shabby so far.  That gals style is just different, she brands left and right, the Escalades, and the Rolex watches, Kanye blasting on the player.  Her slang is also a bit much, I just don't see Wells saying here's the sitch ; ) but, the woman's got b@lls in her writing and I love it.  Jeanienne Frost, hands down her character Bones is just amazing.  She has crafted a character so real I can hear that vamp's Brit accent whispering in my ear!  For me when an author accomplishes that they are supreme in their talent.  Love Patricia Cornwell, the Scarpetta series never disappoints me.

I could probably go on and on, hhhmmm, are there any authors that any just can't stand?  I can't think of one of the top of my head....






This is my first time jumping into this follow.  The rules are simple -

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

  1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - www.theunreadreader.com
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!  
So come on what are you waiting for ; )

8 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, I've ended up at your place via parajunkee's bloghop and I've bcome a brand new follower *smiles* I love the look and feel of your blog and your reading Gabaldon right now...I read OUTLANDER not so long ago and LURVED it. What an epic historical romance, the only fact that's keeping me from devouring them all at once is the fact the books are 500+ thick *eek*

    As for my favorite authors? I have so many who rock my bookworld; Anne Bishop, she has awesome characters and world building but Daemon, Lucivar & Saetan really do it for me *thud* Shannon Mckenna with her McCloud series; great suspense, great romance great smut, she's just flat-out...great :) Nalini SIngh with her Guild Hunter & Psy/Changeling series; shapeshifters and angels..NS has got an addictive voice and characters who rock. Joey W Hill with her complete backlist; She writes intricate and layered characters with sultry sexing. kresley Cole with her IAD series; Out of this world characters, fabulous humor and an overall story arc that has you pining for more each single release. C.L. Wilson with her Tairen Soul series; Romance-Fantasy doesn't get any better then that!

    I can go on and on about more fantastic authors on my shelves but thought to give you just a few ;) Have a good friday!!

    http://www.leontine1976.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in from Follow Friday -- I'm a new follower!

    You can find me at The Nerd's Wife.

    I'm giving away a *signed* copy of Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison, so be sure to check that out!

    Happy Friday!

    Arena
    aka The Nerd's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Charlaine Harris and Jeaniene Frost too. I'm just hopping by to wish you a good day and lots of good books.

    Ms. Martin Teaches Media

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting because of the blog hop. Great place! It's so pretty!

    I'm a follower.

    I'll be hanging around awhile.

    VampAngel
    VampAngel's Reviews: To Read or Not To Read It? That is The Question

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from the hop and am now following you. I love Charlaine Harris also. Stop by my blog if you can. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, just dropping by -- snazzy new blog design!!! Popped your badge into my sidebar.

    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Paula! This is my first visit. It's great to finally find you. I do the Crazy for books BBH. It's a bunch of fun!

    I love your layout! It's beautiful & unique.

    Have a terrific weekend!

    Gina ~ Hott Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Blog is sooooo Pretty! I love the design!

    Hi. I'm a new follower from FF! Feel free to stop by my blog sometime!

    Also, I'm starting a new meme on my blog, When I'm Not Reading

    Hope you can participate sometime!
    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails