Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pleasure Unbound Review (Demonica Series #1)

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, Book 1)
  Pleasure Unbound
  Larissa Ione
  Paperback 416
  Forever





 This was a good book.  Larissa Ione has done a good job of creating an alter world of demons that move about humans undetected for the most part.  They come and go from their world into ours through passages called Harrowgates.  There are different species of demons and she's trying to show that like humans, not all demons are bad or evil.

 Tayla is an Aegis Guardian.  This is a group of warriors if you will, that hunt and kill the demons so that humans are protected.  In a fight with one of the bad demons, she is brought to a demon hostpital-Underworld General where the head Doc and hospital founder is Eidolon, a gorgeous Seminus Demon who exudes hunky sex appeal.  There are vamps and shifters that work in the hospital as well.  Eidolon's 2 brothers, Shade, a paramedic, and Wraith, a vamp with mucho issues is sort of a gopher that is kept there so he stays out of trouble, or tries to anyway.  The 3 are half brothers with different mom's, and are close for the most part.  When Tayla is brought in all want her done away with since she is a slayer.  Eidolon doesn't allow that to take place.

The story progresses with Tayla learning that the demon world is not so black and white, there is plenty of gray.  Never mind the issues she carries with her from her childhood.  Of course she is immensely attracted to Eidolon, and he to her.  We travel through their trying times, and the matters that keep coming between them.  The love scenes are not over the top, nor raunchy and uncomfortable, just enough to put a nice smile on your face ;)

Ione takes us through learning some of the characters backgrounds, doesn't drag it down with unnecessary  descriptions of her world which is fantastic.  I had a bit of a problem with Dead Witch Walking, #1 in the Hollow Series due to that.  She makes it abundantly clear that there will be another book, but you aren't left dying in suspense, phew!!

I recommend this book and will read the rest in the series as well, I'll give it 3 1/2 cannolis ; )

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. So much action and fun world building and quite sexy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book, but I never did the review! I think I would have given it the same rating. I enjoyed the novel. I haven't been able to get my hands on the rest of the series, not available at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sarah, I liked it, and will read the next one. I have so many to get through 1st though, oh my tbr is to big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this book as well! It was the first book I'd ever read by this author, but it surely won't be the last. Since reading it I've read book #2, but I haven't gotten around to getting book #3. It's still on my pbs wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up on this one 26 pages in---too much sex for me!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails