Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday's Weekly Question...Hhhhhmmm



Maybe a meme, maybe not...anyway, just out of curiosity -


Is there a book that is your absolute favorite ever?

There are so many books that rank up there as my all time favorites.  I don't think I can say just one book is it for me.  A few that have really struck a chord and that I just loved -


Interview with the Vampire

This book really was fantastic in my opinion.  I know some don't like Ann Rice, but I loved this book







PET SEMATARY

One of my most favorite Stephen King books ever!







Outlander

As I read, I would put the book in my lap and just breathe.  This book touched me so very much, so far it really is my favorite of the series, the others haven't been able to quite match up.  Not that they aren't good, but not like this.  My review is *HERE*





As a mother of 6, I've come across a few childrens books that I just love and can read over and over to my kids -

Love You Forever

This book makes me cry, at first it was very hard to read this, but I love it so.







Olivia

I LOVE Olivia!!!  And so do my kids, we have a few of hers and we love to read them.  For Dr. Suess' birthday at the kid's school, parents read books to the class, I always bring Olivia and we just laugh.







Good Night, Gorilla

How can you not, this one is just too cute!






The Kissing Hand

My daughter MaryAnn, who is now in the 7th grade had one of the best kindergarten teachers I have ever encountered.  She gave each child this book and it is a fave to read to them.

4 comments:

  1. Your 1st two I have considered trying.

    Dibs and Still Alice are mine.

    BTW - I gave a fellow blogger your review/vent about Eat Pray Love, look out for it.

    I thought it was great, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could do Dibs, but Still Alice sounds wonderful.

    I think you'd like Pet Sematary! It was real good, Interview is not like most of the vamp books out now. The innuendo and tension is way amped up, I just loved the cut throat of Lestat great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a long time it was Ride The Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson, but then I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb knocked it out of the top spot.

    My youngest loved Cookie Monster And The Cookie Tree when he was little. And my oldest fell in love with the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan when he was in the 7th grade....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look into those books Julie! This is why I love blogging, finding unknown treasures :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to leave a comment. Good or bad I always read them : ) and respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails